Sunday, March 15, 2009

Gettin all cat lady on you

The last 2 weeks have been quite the moving party (hence the lack of posting). As an unwritten rule, I move at least once a year. I've been squatting at a friend's house for the past 8 months so I was ready to move in somewhere that's not just my friend's room, but my bed, my books, and my (albeit crappy) furniture. I moved to NE Portland with the bestie and it's fab fab fab. My new house also comes with 2 kitties and we had a fun animal hospital visit already. Little Joseph Stalin had a rough transition from his old house to here and stuck himself up in the ceiling of the basement of his old house. During his adventure, we suspect he got his face in some fiberglass insulation and ended up with a weird puncture-wound-looking cut on his cheek. Last Saturday it looked like not a big deal but Sunday it was bleeding and not so pretty so we went over to Dove Lewis (which is definitely a god send for pet emergencies, not like this one was, but I'm glad it's there) and Joe ended up with this fine looking accessory.



Needless to say, he LOVED his new astronaut look. But after a week of antibiotics and confusion when his plastic necklace hit things like the wall or the couch, he's mostly better now. It's scabbed over nicely and he's not scratching it. And just so I don't leave Torque out, here's a video of him doing some sit-ups while we were watching The Office last week.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE KITTY SITUPS!!!

    Moar pleez, kthxbai!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad little joseph stalin is alright! poor thing. :) my mom's dog got something in her eye (remember sophie?) a few months ago. we had a real scare with her and she is now blind, but happy as ever.

    glad you like the new living arrangements. moving is super fun after the initial stress is over. i have done it about once or twice a year, too, apparently. maybe this time i'll live in the same place for... gasp... 2 years. who needs a permanent residence, puh?!

    you should toooootally come to the beach this summer with your friends!

    ReplyDelete