Saturday, February 13, 2010

All my life, I've been waiting/Pass my time, procrastinating now

I've been saying to myself for the last month that one of these days I'll blog again. And I don't really have a good excuse not to now that I'm unemployed but then Kerry gets the complete DVD set of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and there go a few weeks. Or I rejoin Netflix and now they have the instant watch feature and it turns out I missed a lot of 30 Rock season 3 so I guess I should just re-watch the whole season again. And they have Howard the Duck on their instant queue list, which was one of my favorite movies when I was little so I had to watch that.



Yes that is Lea Thompson. Other before-they-were-famous stars of this George Lucas disaster are Tim Robbins and Jeffrey Jones. Turns out I had terrible taste in movies as a child and it's the most boring (and MEGA-creepy) movie ever. Who knew? I bet Mac & Me is still good though, right?


There's no way this is boring or creepy, contrary to how I remember it as a movie that I made my parents rent 10 times. (I wonder why I loved movies about outer space aliens/animals?)

It's been kind of a crazy and stressful last few months for me. My job was getting increasingly insane and stupidly stupid and there wasn't a day that I came home not totally angry and upset at the situation. Things finally worked themselves out in early January and I am now living off the dole. Unemployment is a nice buffer that keeps me from totally freaking out about having no money but it's not so much that I don't regularly have mini panic attacks about getting a job.

Besides work, Christmas was awesome. I went home to see my parents and sister and her dogs and we had an awesome time.



Maude is still doing great, though since New Year's Eve we have been to the vet 3 times, once for a mild paw sprain after Portland's Snowpacalpyse 2009



and twice for what is probably allergies. Now I have to put drops in her eyes 3 times a day and wipe down her paws with these little paw-wipes so she doesn't lick them all the time. I'm glad Maude got the memo that my income has been cut to a quarter of what it was a few weeks ago.


Hmm, guess she doesn't really care that much!

Also 20 million points to whoever knows the song that I got my post title from (without Googling it cheaters!)

No comments:

Post a Comment