Thursday, February 25, 2010

Moneez!

This has been quite the week for winning at bar games! As I mentioned earlier this week, we hit up the bingo on Monday night instead of the regular Bachelor + dinner evening since there was some boring reunion where one of the ladies tried to malign Chris Harrison's reputation (doesn't she know that every time someone hurts Chris Harrison's feelings, a puppy dies?) The grand finale is next week. Will it be Tenley or Vienna? (or will Ali come back in a not-shocking SHOCKING twist?!) The gossip mags never even talk about Tenley so my money is on Vienna, though sadly she is not in my bracket anymore, so I guess I can't put my money on it.

Anyway, to get back to bar winnings - Kathryn totally kicked ass at Bingo and won the 1st round. It cost $1 per board and all the money was put in a jar, so when Kathryn won, the bingo announcer poured all the money on her head! It was raining dollar billz!

To be fair, the picture doesn't quite capture the moment. Kathryn's reaction was a bit more like this:

It was an exciting night and though no one at our table won the 2nd round, we did get a round of margaritas and a delicious biscuit.

Last night we went to Thirsty Lion for a young lawyers schmoozy networking event that was followed by their pub trivia. We were #1 the entire way through until the very last round where we underestimated ourselves and didn't bid enough in the "final jeopardy" type bidding round. We still got 2nd though and won $60 and a bottle of champagne.



It wasn't enough to rain money but it was just enough to make a cash fan. I'm taking those $1s and hitting the strip club*!




*Not really. Drag show? Maybe.

2 comments:

  1. I love the look on that dude's face so, so much.

    Also I didn't know you were a bachelor watcher! I've totally been watching too. I love it bc there's so much potential for snark. I think I really hit my snark peak mid-season but when they start the hometown dates/fantasy suites the cliches are flying so fast and furious ("this has been such an incredible journey" and "my heart is crying"), I can't muster anything but "barf."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry, Kathryn (w/the dollar billz) and I each have a bracket for the Bachelor. I'll take a picture and post next week of the winning bracket :P it's way more fun that way because it can be a truly painful show to watch.

    ReplyDelete