Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Glambert & Weir

My two new favorite things (and also a good name for a law firm - Glambert & Weir LLP?)

I didn't watch the season of American Idol that Glambert was on but his new album is amazing. It's such a wonderful dancey pop sensation. It's been an inspiration every time I put it in my CD player (yea I know...way to be a luddite about technology. As soon as I get another job, I'll get another ipod!).

Isn't this the most glamazing (glamorous + amazing!) album cover ever?! The hot new dance song of 2010 will totally be "If I Had You." You heard it here first.

And my other favorite glamazing person is Johnny Weir. If you follow my buzz or twitters or facebooks, you probs already know about how our house has basically turned into Casa Weir. Can't get enough.

His show on Sundance, Be Good Johnny Weir, follows him and his cadre of Russian trainers and fabulous outfits. It's worth getting the super special cable for (that, and Logo for RuPaul's Drag Race).

In other random happenings, I've been getting a lot of books out of the library since I have free time and no money and love to read. Those in Portland know how awesome the Multnomah County system is. Last week I found someone's old "to do" list in my copy of "The Left Hand of Darkness." Someone had to pick Bill up from the airport at 4:30. Today I found a temporary tattoo in my copy of "Cycler" and another "to do" list. On the back of this to do list (which included turning on the straightner and doing makeup) was a convo between 2 girls about how one of them 'did it' with Brent last night at the CYO dance! OMG No Way!



I've seen on Oprah et. al. all about how kids these days are into rainbow parties and sexting and stuff. OMG!1!!TehChildrunz! I'm glad that they're still actually just hooking up and writing notes to each other about it.

2 comments:

  1. ok... the fun things you found in books just makes me giggle like crazy.
    as for johnny weir... fucking love him so much. more than adam. i like adam and i am glad that he's done so well after idol. he is talented. but johnny... just... um... he's a whole other level of glam sensation. ok, he's just prettier. :)
    also... i still buy and play CDs. in my car mostly, but sometimes in my room. so no worries. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miz Agrado, I must tell you that this is the most adorable blog post I've read all week. First of all, I think you and your roomie need to incorporate as Glambert & Weir LLP immediately.

    Secondly, I've left some crazy stuff in library books before, and I'm just gonna hope to sweet baby jebus that no one ever posts them to the innerwebs. At a minimum, I will make sure future to-do lists are not printed on my personal stationary.

    ReplyDelete