Sunday, November 30, 2008

All The Single Ladies!

I'm back in dreary Portland after my whirlwind weekend with my amazingly wonderful college buddies. We had a wonderful time up in Seattle hanging at the W hotel and dancing all night at Neighbours. I've never been to a gay bar with so many straight dudes. Or gay dudes who hit on women. Good times though. Good times.

Oh if only I didn't have to work again. And if only birthdays were holidays ::sigh:: But I've managed to entertain myself today instead of going to the office, like I should, with this amazing (or CRAMAZING!) video for Beyonce's (Sasha Fierce's...whatever) song. I'm not generally a Beyonce fan (looooved Destiny's Child though) because I just can't get past her lyrics. "Irreplaceable" is a catchy tune, but I think there's something wrong with rhyming a word with the same word. Can't you be more creative? Do you really have to say "I could have another you in a minute. Matter fact, he'll be here in a minute"? And I'm sorry, but "If I Were a Boy" was already done by Ciara in 2006 and her version is way better. That said, I'm obsessed with the video for "Single Ladies." It's the best dance routine ever. Look at her legs! And her butt! And all in those heels! It's magically hypnotizing. Seriously. I've watched the first minute and a half of the video 10 times today.

Ok now I'm really off to work. Just for a few hours though. I also need to go boot shopping and the library and then later I'm going to see Milk. And tomorrow I'll be 25! Yikes.

3 comments:

  1. Happy happy birthday to ya! I agree with you 100% about Single Ladies. That Beyonce is sumpin' else. And the video parody on SNL with Mr Justin Timberlake? Priceless. But for realsies, the absolute best thing to come out of that vid are the You Tube videos of "single dudes dancing to single ladies". You've got to find the one with the skinny-ass fella dancing in front of orange doors. It's not to be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely, entirely agree with everything you said in this post. Rhyming a word with the same word? NSync made this error many, many years ago and it is still not ok. Also, re Single Ladies video, where can I find my own robotic hand? I must know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Nsync, they did do that a lot. Everytime I hear their songs, I am distracted by their lyrics (but I always have to do interpretive dances)

    ReplyDelete