Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Joan Holloway Magic

I'm not a huge fan of award shows. They're all just long and boring and huge circle jerks where everyone wankers on for 3 or 4 hours and a few meaningless awards are given out. So yea, I didn't watch the Golden Globes. I much prefer the distilled roundups of pictures and short clips compiled by bloggers with much more interest and patience than I have. But I have to give a shout out to my fashion hero Joan Hollaway/Christina Hendricks.


Perfuckingfection.

I love everything about Mad Men: Don Draper, everyone's sickening ability to smoke and drink all day long, the subtle character interactions and dynamics, Peggy Olson being a total badass, how it makes me grateful that I don't live in the 60s (thank you cheesus!), Don Draper. And the style! The outfits are largely amazing. Now I'm not one to romanticize the past and I have no doubt that finagling my way into the undergarments alone would've put me off from looking professional and I would've just given up to become a dirty hippy. But it just looks so good and classy! I really really REALLY wish I had Joan's entire wardrobe. Like this

or this

Though Peggy's outfit is pretty awesome too. Joan wears bright bold colors and rocks the high-waisted skirt better than anyone ever.


Now all Joan has to do is dump that rapist asshole fiancee of hers and kick Harry Crane in the nuts for hiring someone else to the job clearly meant for her and she'll be all set. So excited that the 3rd season will be this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment