Wednesday, January 21, 2009

OMG

Wow guys, it's been like forever since I last posted! I've been way busy at work, I've been sleeping horribly this past week so I've felt like a cracked-out zombie, and then then went out to celebrate the inauguration last night.

Now it's late and I'm tired but I signed up for this volunteer thingie where we have a pen-pal in a high school that's full of disadvantaged youth and my letter is due by Friday. I'm trying to walk the line between not being condescending and trying not to sound like I'm trying to sound cool. I would just write something like "omg, that Barack Obama is totes the shit, right?" if this wasn't supposed to be a mentoring kind of thing where I'm supposed to be like, a role model, and not write like I spend too much time on the Internet. Aaah well.

Anyway, I don't have too much to share right now cause I'm a big lame-o this week, but for a great read, check out Tibbs on ICKH, especially if you're not a fan of children. Like most things in this world, it reminds me of a Simpsons episode. I would totes become a member of "Singles, Seniors, Childless Couples And Teens And Gays Against Parasitic Parents." (SSCCATAGAPP) Who's with me in starting a Portland branch!?


If you feel like hatin on some capybaras, then Fuck You, Penguin is the place to go. Much like lolcats, I can't imagine a day when I will stop thinking that site is funny.

Also, these 2 pics I found on my new fav site FFFFound.

If I had the energy to rant about something, this would totes be my theme picture for it.


And this last bit of awesome. A beautiful rendition of the whale and petunia falling from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (on my top 5 list of fav books ever).
"Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias as it fell was Oh no, not again. Many people have speculated that if we knew exactly why the bowl of petunias had thought that we would know a lot more about the nature of the universe than we do now."

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out, yo! That was fun piece to write, but now I'm skerred about any nasty comments people might post. Whatevs, funk the haters!

    I'm glad you're back in the blogosphere. I was missin' you and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for introducing me to eff you penguin!! i enjoyed at least 15 minutes of laughter last night. so good.

    ReplyDelete