Monday, February 16, 2009

How Agrado Spent Her Weekend



That pretty much sums up my weekend. Laying around all day reading is awesome. Friday night I did leave the house and go out for a little while to celebrate my friend's bday. I also made some awesome Vietnamese food on Saturday eve with the bestie, and I did get a new bed for the house I'll be moving into in about 2 weeks. It hasn't all been lazy. But mostly.

A note on my new bed: Macy's is having a big mattress sale, including their show mattresses. I got my new queen mega cheap because it was on the floor. At first I was a little creeped out by the idea of lots of people testing it out. But then I remembered my first bed here was from a used bed place (PJ's Sleep Shop on Hawthorne - good people if you need a bed on the cheap). No one has ever actually slept in my new one. Just random people maybe jumping on it. The neatest part of it is that for the showroom floor, they make beds that are half firm, half plush to save space. I couldn't decide which I liked better, so now I have a queen bed with both! One half is firm, the other is soft and comfy. It's magic.

Finally, not to ignore the fact that today is President's Day (and my office is closed! woot!) plz to enjoy this informative and educational video about Washington. I bet you didn't know he ate opponents' brains and invented cocaine.


He'll save childeren, but not the British children.

2 comments:

  1. that is awesome about the bed on sale! mark and I should have that - I prefer soft and cushy, Mark likes firm (like prison bed style, seriously).
    And what viet food did you make, inquiring minds need to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well make it to Macy's during their mattress sale and you can snag one! They were selling all of their beds and there was a couple there getting a halfsie bed too. I'm excited about it :P

    Also, Kerry and I made this pork/mushroom meat ball in a lettuce wrap with this amazing dipping sauce. I was looking for the recipe to link to but couldn't find it. Really really simple and really good.

    ReplyDelete