Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Narwhal Rainbows

A friend of mine had shared pictures of the narwhal before via Google Reader.



I'd think, "hey that's funny, putting a horn on whales! Oh people and their photoshop."

Then one day this same friend shared a video on BBC of the narwhals, with commentary by none other than David Attenborough. Then I went through a paradigm shift (without a clutch) and couldn't believe that there is an animal that strange that I never knew existed. I mean, it's not like a puffin or a duck-billed platypus that looks like they shouldn't exist but do. I've known about those for years. Going to the dentist as a child basically assures that you've come across puffins, platypi, hippos, even mole rats and capybaras. They're in all those cheesy kids magazines. But where were the narwhals? Never once have I come across the unicorn of the sea. I don't know why I'm so bothered by it, but I feel like there may be a whole world of animals I don't know. Next you'll be telling me twonicorns are real (and that they puke rainbows when they burp)!



I'd rename my site Narwhal Rainbows if Unicorn wasn't such a cool word. But I do want to spearhead the NARLY?! movement (narwhals really?!) to bring attention to this much ignored species. If I had a sports team or a club, I would have a narwhal as my mascot. The fightin' narwhals!

Narwal

2 comments:

  1. heehee. this was an insanely silly post. i loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loveeeeeee narwhalsssss :DDDD

    ReplyDelete